The most relevant for the 21st century are the problems of using the World Wide Web to ensure the protection of personal data, as well as improving the speed and quality of the connection.
This is explained by the rapidly growing traffic flows, the daily occurrence of a large number of new resources in the network, as well as the use of personal data by numerous sites, including even without their knowledge.
Proxy servers, which are peculiar buffers, intermediate links between a specific user and a specific resource, passing through the outgoing and incoming information streams, cope with the task of ensuring anonymity in the network, as well as a number of others.
The mechanism of action and scope of proxy servers
Thanks to the capabilities of the proxy, it is possible to make manipulations with the change of the IP address, thereby achieving anonymity of actions on the Internet, as well as creating a cache (partial download of resource data to the proxy server), which speeds up connection speed. More detailed information on the list of available proxy servers can be found here proxy-seller.com.
The mechanism of the proxy server to ensure the anonymity of user data on the network is as follows. A user who wants to gain access to a particular resource or content on it must send its IP or other data to the destination server, which happens automatically. A proxy, acting as a buffer, sends its address to the destination server, and also saves some of the content from it (generates a cache for faster and more convenient download). This allows the user to go unnoticed and work more efficiently.
Thus, the main scope of proxies are:
- ensuring personal anonymity when searching or visiting certain resources;
- bypass of the ban, if the real IP address of the user was blocked on this or that resource;
- visiting resources with closed or limited for any reason access.
Proxy servers are free and paid. The main advantage of free proxies is the absence of any financial expenses and the ability to build a chain of intermediate links, which will further increase the degree of anonymity on the network. Disadvantages – the level of security and the degree of stability.
The use of paid proxies provides a higher confidence in the reliability of their work, a good connection speed, but the cost of services does not allow to build chains, and also to remain completely incognito in the network, as the provider, nevertheless, keeps and stores logs with data about users coming requests and addresses. You can choose such a proxy here https://proxy-seller.com/england-proxy.
Also, proxy servers vary in type:
- http – the most common, with a huge compatibility resource, and therefore used to solve a wide range of tasks;
- ftp is a proxy used to serve corporate or limited closed networks in order to provide additional data protection;
- socks is a rather young type of proxy, which requires the installation of a special client component in the browser, which allows to increase the degree of compatibility;
- cgi are proxy anonymizers that can only be accessed via a browser.
What affects the efficiency of working with a proxy server
A number of factors can affect the quality of work and usability of a proxy server:
- access through a proxy on some resources may be denied;
- stability and connection speed;
- in certain countries, restrictions on access to certain resources through servers may be in effect;
- The IP sent by the proxy server should not belong to the list of so-called “dangerous” ones in one or another state structure;
- presence (positively influences the work) or lack of post support;
- uptime rate – the higher the better;
- the inevitably left proxy logs on the provider’s servers with a strong desire (if the user has committed any illegal actions on the Internet) will allow to track and find the user, though not immediately.